Coventry City Council (CCC) Privacy Notice for Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery scheme Phase 2
Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller. This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use Personal Data about you
We collect and hold personal information relating to your application for energy efficiency measures under the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery scheme. Phase 2 operated by Coventry City Council and delivered by Act On Energy and E.ON. It is funded by the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme (GHG LAD) run by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
We use this information to:
- Support the delivery and administration of the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery scheme.
- For monitoring and reporting on the progress of the scheme
- For fraud prevention purposes.
Delivery and administration of the Scheme may require linking of your data to other datasets held by Coventry City Council, Act On Energy, E.ON, the Midlands Energy Hub (MEH) or the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Our Lawful Basis for processing your personal data is public task.
What information do we collect about you?
- Your full name
- Your contact details
- The address and details of property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the GHG LAD installation(s) installed at the property, including type, size and cost
- Your contact address (if not the property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s))
- Address and details of property offered, but not receiving, the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Household income and any other scheme eligibility information
- Any financial contribution you have made towards the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the expected energy, carbon and cost savings expected to be delivered by the installation, including pre- and post-installation property EPC details where appropriate
- Your full name
- Relevant accreditation and registration information
- Your contact details
- Details of GHG LAD installations delivered
- Whether directly contracted or sub-contracted by LA to install GHG LAD installations
Who we share your Personal Data with
We will share data with:
- Act On Energy
- E.ON and their installers
- The Midlands Energy Hub
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and its contractors for delivery, administration and evaluation of the scheme, statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
- Delivery partners of central and local government home energy schemes such as the Energy Company Obligation and Renewable Heat Incentive
Your personal data may also be shared with other Government departments where necessary to identify duplicate or fraudulent grant claims under other schemes.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law, for example by court order or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long will we keep your information?
Your personal data will be stored securely by Coventry City Council for a period of 10 years after the end of the scheme for audit and evaluation purposes.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Ask for human intervention regarding decisions made about you by a computer
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances, you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision. Dpoteam@coventry.gov.uk
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioners Office at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Date of last review: September 2021