Health and Safety Service
Good Health and Safety Management
Comply with relevant health and safety legislation at all times, giving due consideration to all competent advice provided.
- To support, guide and advise in meeting statutory requirements to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of employees, service users and visitors involved in, or affected by Council activities
- To promote a positive safety culture ensuring a safe and healthy environment for all.
- To provide commitment and a service that is responsive, customer-focused and supportive.
- Local Authorities have a wide range of health and safety responsibilities and duties.
- The Council has a legal responsibility to comply with all appropriate health and safety legislation
- Employees must comply with the Council’s Health and Safety Management Framework, and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Managers must be able to demonstrate that health, safety and wellbeing is properly managed a
- Managers and employees need to be aware of their responsibilities and liabilities