Planning application checklist - supporting information
External wall cladding
External wall cladding is becoming a popular enhancement that many people consider for their homes.
If the proposed solid wall insulation/cladding uses materials that are not similar to those used in the existing exterior of the property, planning permission will be required.
Planning permission will be required for cladding on any side of your house (not just the front).
You will be required to submit the following information to support any application made:
- Site location plan with the correct site edged red
- Block plan with the elevations to be changed highlighted
- An existing photograph and a proposed photo image of the elevation(s) to be changed. Drawn elevations would also be acceptable, however these would need to show the detail within the elevation(s) such as dentil course, headers, cills etc
- Either a photograph of the proposed cladding or a brochure identifying the cladding proposed to be used.
- A section through that shows the depth of the proposed cavity and the depth of the cladding
- A completed application form and the correct fee
Please also note that sometimes we may require extra information to validate your application. The case officer will contact you directly to discuss any further requirements if this is the case.