Scrutiny Co-ordination Committee
Councillor Richard Brown, Chair of the Scrutiny Co-ordination Committee.
Councillor Lynette Kelly, Deputy Chair
The Scrutiny Co-ordination Committee, or SCRUCO as it is sometimes known, includes all the Scrutiny Board Chairs as members and has a number of roles:
- It oversees the work of all the Scrutiny Boards, to make sure nothing is missed and that boards are not doing the same work
- It looks into issues around the Council Leader's work, which includes the Local Enterprise Partnership, Marmot City and Corporate Plan.
- Scrutiny Co-ordination Committee also looks at the Deputy Leader's portfolio which covers Community Safety, Public Protection and Equalities.
- It considers issues which cut across more than one area of the Council's work.
- It considers "call-ins"- where councillors challenge decisions made by the Cabinet/individual Cabinet Members.
- The Board is the Council's Crime and Disorder Committee and can call in agencies like the Police, Fire and Probation services, for scrutiny too
Dates, times and location of meetings as well as details of the Board's membership and work programme for Scrutiny Co-ordination Committee.