Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Flood reporting

Flooding from private sewers or drains

Waste water pipes that are located within the boundary of your property - beneath your house, garden or driveway which take away the waste water flows from only your property, to the point where they connect to pipes serving another property - are your responsibility.

Severn Trent Water Ltd are responsible for the large sewers that are normally under the road or pavement. Due to a change in law, in October 2011, the sections of sewers and pipe that you share with neighbours and pipes outside your property boundary, which connect to the existing sewers, are now the responsibility of Severn Trent Water Ltd.

If you are uncertain if any blockage is in a public or private sewer, Severn Trent Water Ltd should be able to determine this. They can be contacted on 0800 783 4444, or through In order to follow up any sewer enquiries, please take note of the reference number provided by Severn Trent Water Ltd. Please also be aware that if the water company undertake any work on the private sewer, the cost of the works will be charged to you.

Please see the Sandbag Policy for information about flood protection.

Customer Services

Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)


Tel: 08085 834333


If you do need to call us,
please try to avoid our busiest times
of lunchtime and early afternoon.

Is there anything wrong with this page?