Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Flood reporting

Flooding from non-Main River watercourses

All watercourses are the maintenance of riparian owners. You are a riparian owner if your property or land is on, or very near, a watercourse.

Riparian owners are legally bound to keep the watercourse clear of any obstruction to flow. Coventry City Council, as Lead Local Flood Authority, can serve legal notices on riparian owners to clear obstructions. In addition, owners must not carry out works affecting a non-Main River watercourse without the approval of the Lead Local Flooding Authority by making an application.

For further information about the responsibilities of riparian owners, the Environment Agency's information on living next to a watercourse "Living on the Edge" is available to download

Please see the Sandbag Policy for information about flood protection.

Customer Services

Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)


Tel: 08085 834333


If you do need to call us,
please try to avoid our busiest times
of lunchtime and early afternoon.

Is there anything wrong with this page?