Carers' enhanced support offer
Do you look after someone you care about?
The effects of the COVID pandemic have impacted us all and life may now look very different for people with caring responsibilities, especially those who are looking after someone that they care about for the first time.
Carers Trust Heart of England has introduced a new package of extra services, funded by Coventry City Council, which means that we can offer even more support to family carers in the city.
This support includes:
- Virtual support to give carers a break whilst their loved one engages in activities developed to suit their interests and assisting them to learn new skills at our Virtual Day Centre which involves linking up with others online on a tablet or computer
- Carer Community Connection to support carers to connect to the community by accessing and developing activities
- Digital inclusion for carers by enabling carers to access IT equipment with one off-direct payments, developing a range of courses to support carers and also helping carers to use IT equipment
- Grief, loss and change support via a series of carer-focused workshops with guidance and tools on dealing with difficult emotions following unwelcome change in your life or the person you care for (such as bereavement of a loved one, loss of employment or change of relationship)
- Supporting working carers by working with employers in Coventry which will look to empower carers to remain in the workforce
- Reducing carer hardship and poverty by providing one-off payments to carers and sharing information and signposting to job coaches and financial advice
- Enhancing support for BAME carers by ensuring BAME communities are enabled to access carers services and information
- Supporting Young Carers if additional support is required as a result of Covid-19, their caring responsibilities and returning to school.
For further information you can email, call on 024 7 63 2972 or look at the Carers Trust Heart of England website.
Download our printable guide to the enhanced support offer