Continence care

Pages in Continence care

  1. Getting support with continence care
  1. Incontinence laundry service

Getting support with continence care

District nurses can give skilled professional advice on continence promotion and incontinence care. If you are have concerns about managing continence you should speak to your GP. You can ask your GP to refer you for a Continence Assessment. If you already have a District Nurse visiting you he/she will be able to carry out the assessment.

If you are eligible for support you may be given with a supply of incontinence pads or other equipment to help you manage your continence.

If you are buying your own incontinence wear you may be entitled to claim back the VAT on some products if you are in receipt of a disability benefit such as Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment. Check with your supplier.

Find out more about continence care on the NHS website.

Adult Social Care Direct

To call using Next Generation Text Service (also known as Text Relay): Call 18001 024 7683 3003

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 024 7683 3003

Council House
PO Box 15
Earl Street

Is there anything wrong with this page?