The Licensing Team are responsible for the administration and enforcement of a wide range of licenses, permits and registrations. We have a very varied workload and alongside issuing a range of licences we complete Licensing Inspections under the licensing regime, collect payment for premises annual fees and subsequently have the powers to suspend a licence for non-payment of these fees. 

  • Premises licences
    A premises would require a licence if they were selling alcohol, providing entertainment or providing late night refreshment
  • Personal licences
    A personal licence is needed by anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol (Designated Premises Supervisor) In order to obtain a personal licence you must have sat the recognised licensing qualification and submit a clear Criminal Record Check
  • Temporary event notices
    TENS - can be applied for by anyone who wishes to hold a small scale event and wants to carry out a licensable activity without a full licence.
  • House to house collections and Street Collections.
    We issue permits to people wishing to collect and raise money in Coventry on behalf of a charity either face to face or door to door.
  • Scrap metal registration
    Legislation requiring scrap metal dealers to be licensed.
  • Sexual entertainment venue
    Legislation that looks at the way in which sexual entertainment is provided and differentiates a Sexual Entertainment Venue from a Premises Licence.
  • Street trading
    Street Trading is the selling exposing or offering for sale any items such as food, household goods and clothing.

Statement of Licensing Policy

Licensing team

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8.30am - 5pm Friday: 8.30am - 4.30pm

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7697 5496