Street Trading is defined as the selling or offering for sale of any article in the street. This includes food such as burgers, kebabs, doughnuts etc. or other things such as household items and clothing.

All streets outside of the Ring Road area are designated as Consent Streets. This means that any person who wishes to sell items from a trailer or stall in a street must first obtain a Street Trading Consent from the Council. Food traders must also be registered with the Environmental Health department.  You can find out more information about registering as a Food Operator by visiting Food Safety.

If you wish to sell hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am then you will also need to apply for a Premises Licence for Late Night Refreshment. Find out more information about a Premises Licence.

If you wish to trade within boundary of the Ring Road and the City Centre shopping areas applicants should direct their enquiries to Market Services, telephone 024 7622 4927.

If you wish to trade on private land, i.e. land owned by a supermarket, you will need to obtain permission from whoever owns the land.

Please see the Street Trading Policy for more information.