Report an unsightly property

Examples of properties that would be considered to be unsightly are:

  • Is there a lot of non-verminous waste in the front garden?
  • Are there scrap vehicles on the front driveway?
  • Is the garden very overgrown?
  • Is the property badly maintained?
  • Is the property not in keeping with the area?

The Government regulations concerned come under Section 215 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990. []

You will need to supply your name and address.  Without this information, a case will not be raised in our back office system.

We can understand why you may wish to remain anonymous, but if we are to investigate your complaint we need your name, address and telephone number for the following reasons:

  • We will take your complaint seriously.
  • We receive many unfair and sometimes cruel complaints which have no truth attached to them and are designed to cause trouble for a person or business.
  • The investigating officer may need to contact you to obtain more information.
  • We need to be able to let you know what we have achieved in putting the matter right.
  • You can trust us, we routinely deal with tens of thousands of Public Safety complaints each year.

All complaints received by the service are treated in the strictest confidence and your details will not be given to the person or the business that you are complaining about.

Report an unsightly property []

Customer Services

Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). If you do need to call us, please try to avoid our busiest times of lunchtime and early afternoon. Many queries relating to Council Tax, benefits or bin and bulky waste collections can be dealt with directly by logging into My Account.

Telephone: 08085 834333 [tel:08085834333]