If you would like to know more about Adult Social Care in Coventry, please read our Annual Report.
Care Act 2014 Information
All councils use the same guidelines set by the Care Act 2014 to see if they can support people. To get support:
- your needs must arise from, or are related to a physical or mental impairment or illness.
- without support you are unable to achieve two or more outcomes in the areas listed below.
- without support there is likely to be a significant impact on your wellbeing.
The areas outlined in the Care Act 2014, that all councils look at, include:
- eating, drinking and preparing meals.
- personal care.
- being appropriately clothed.
- being able to make use of the home safely.
- running and maintaining the home.
- developing and maintaining family and other personal relationships.
- accessing and engaging in work, training, education or volunteering.
- making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community including public transport and recreational facilities.
- carrying out any caring responsibilities for a child.
Adult Social Care and Communities Directory This online directory has all the information and advice you need in one central place, so you can find the information you need easily.
|Contact||Description||How to contact|
|Adult Social Care Direct||The first point of contact for any
referrals into Adult Social Care.
|024 7683 3003
Next Generation Text (also known
as Text Relay and TypeTalk):
Call 18001 024 7683 3003
|Emergency Out of Hours
After 5pm Monday to Thursday,
4.30pm on Friday and through the
|For urgent enquiries /
emergencies only outside of
normal office hours
|024 7683 2222|
|Main Council Customer Services||The main switchboard for
Coventry City Council.
|080 8583 4333|
|Mental Health Access Hub||Run by Coventry and
Warwickshire Partnership Trust
(CWPT), this is the first point of
contact for people accessing
mental health services and
|080 8196 6798|
|Title||Description||How to contact|
|Age UK Coventry||Supporting adults providing
information and advice, support
|024 7623 1999|
|Supporting adults with a
diagnosis of dementia and
their families with the provision
of information and advice and
|024 7665 2602|
Heart of England
|One-stop shop for unpaid
carers of all ages.
|024 7663 2972|
|Coventry & Warwickshire
|Support for people living with a
mental health condition
|024 7655 2847|
|Macmillan Cancer Support||Cancer Support Service.||024 7696 6052|
supporting people to have their
say in health and social care
|SEND Information, Advice and
|Providing information and advice to young people with disabilities and special educational needs.||024 7669 4307|
Adult Social Care Direct
Speech impairment, deaf or hard of hearing? You can call using Next Generation Text (also known as Text Relay and TypeTalk): Call 18001 024 7683 3003Address: PO Box 15