Dog Enforcement and Dog Wardens
Coventry's Dog Enforcement (formally Animal Welfare) and Dog Warden team, controls stray dogs and provides many other services in relation to animals, including:
- Controlling stray dogs, under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Advice on dangerous or aggressive dogs, as defined by the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and Dogs Act 1871.
- Issuing fixed penalty notices for dog fouling, as specified by Anti - Social Behaviour, Crime & Policing Act 2014.
- Putting up 'No Dog Fouling' notices and ground stencils.
- Investigating dog fouling in private gardens that is causing a nuisance by smell or flies under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Microchipping dogs to provide a better way of identifying them.
- The issuing of animal-related licences for pet shops, zoos, boarding, breeding and riding establishments, and for dangerous, wild and performing animals.
If you wish to contact the team regarding any issues relating to the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call us - our phone is for live incidents only (such as stray dogs) and you will be asked to send an email instead, please be patient and a Dog Enforcement Officer will respond to your email.
Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). If you do need to call us, please try to avoid our busiest times of lunchtime and early afternoon. Many queries relating to Council Tax, benefits or bin and bulky waste collections can be dealt with directly by logging into My Account.