The Council's Statement of Accounts is prepared in accordance with the Code of Practice on local authority accounting in the United Kingdom.
- The Statement of Accounts for 2020-2021 (draft) is not yet available for public inspection due to delays in the completion of the audit of the 2019-2020 accounts.
- Statement of Accounts for 2019-2020 (draft) - subject to audit and public inspection.
- You can also download the Statement of Accounts for previous years.
Public Notice on the Audit of the 2019-20 Accounts
The audit of the draft statement of accounts for the year ended 31 March 2020 for Coventry City Council has not yet been completed by the external auditors, Grant Thornton UK LLP. The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 require that the audited accounts and opinion is published by 30 November 2020.
The delay has arisen due to a combination of factors, comprising the following:
- Ongoing work regarding reserve classifications within the Council’s group accounts;
- Awaiting clarification from CIPFA regarding the treatment of infrastructure asset derecognition.
The Council is continuing to work closely with the audit team as they complete their work. In line with the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, the Council has published a set of draft accounts. The Council will publish a final set of accounts as soon as the audit is concluded, and the Audit Report issued.
This situation is allowed for by Regulation 10, paragraph (2a) of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, as amended by the Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 No. 404.