Other sources of information and advice about care and support

There is more about information, advice and advocacy support in our Adult Social Care Information Directory

There are also a range of national organisations that can provide information and advice about care and support.

National information

Carers UK

Carers UK are a national organisation that provides information, advice and support to carers.

Carers Trust

Carers Trust are also a national organisation providing action, help and advice for carers. Their website has a range of information and advice for carers including their useful 'Help Directory'. Our local Carers Trust Heart of England is affiliated with the national organisation.

Age UK

Age UK are a national organisation that provide information, advice and support to help those get the best out of later life. Our Local Branch provide support for people aged 18 and over.


Mind is a national organisation who provide advice and support for anyone experiencing a mental health problem. Information about out local branch.

My Home Life

My Home Life is a UK wide initiative that promotes quality of life and delivers positive change in care homes for older people. They provide a range of information and resources for older people and their family when they are looking for care homes.

Admiral Nurse Service - community-based

We are a team of 6 Admiral Nurses that are community-based, we support families caring for a person with dementia at home throughout Coventry, Rugby & Warwickshire North. During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic we are unable to make home visits but can support you over the telephone. Please contact us on 0300 303 3131 this is a Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm service, there is an answer machine facility and any messages left after 1pm will be dealt with the following day.

Information and advice about finances and paying for care

For more information see our money and legal matters pages.

Information about pensions and planning for my future after retirement

Pension Wise is a Government-funded website giving helpful advice and explaining the various options for pension planning.

Adult Social Care Direct

Speech impairment, deaf or hard of hearing? You can call using Next Generation Text (also known as Text Relay and TypeTalk): Call 18001 024 7683 3003

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7683 3003