Coventry City Council's Emergency Planning function is undertaken by the Coventry, Solihull & Warwickshire Resilience Team, you can find out more about the work of the team, including the types of emergencies that they plan for and how you can be better prepared for such events on the CSW Team website.
If a major incident occurs the first people to become aware of it will usually be the 'blue light' emergency services. West Midlands Police, West Midlands Fire Service, and West Midlands Ambulance Service will inform the CSW Resilience team. The team will initiate the Council's emergency response.
- support the emergency service and supply resources where required, within the remit of the local authority.
- provide and manage emergency accommodation - a number of buildings in Coventry are ear marked for this purpose
- assist in the transportation of members of the public who might have to be moved away from an incident
- provide catering, welfare and support to those evacuated
- mobilise the voluntary agencies and co-ordinate their response
- lead the recovery and return to normality
- maintain the local authority day-to-day services at an appropriate level
CSW TeamAddress: Council House