What to do at Coombe
Coombe Abbey Park offers a wide range of facilities, including:
- Visitor Centre - Open every day 10am to 4pm
- Discovery Centre - Open 10am - 3:30pm. Find out more about the woodland, wetlands and grasslands of the park with our interactive exhibits for children.
- Information Centre- Open 10am - 3pm daily. Here you can pick up a map of the park, or one of our trail guides. Find out what you can see in the park today and you can ask one of our friendly members of staff for any information you need.
- Cafe in the Park operated by Coombe Abbey Hotel - See Food and Drink also Sundae Club, Ice cream parlour and the Kiosk in the Park are additional cafe facilities situated at the visitor centre and Top Pool,
- Coombe Abbey Woodturners - Meet regularly on Tuesdays and Sundays - members of the public are most welcome to have a go at this traditional craft.
- Public Toilets - Visitor Centre Toilets will close approx 30 minutes before park closes and Top Pool Toilets at approx 3:30pm daily. See park opening times for any seasonal changes.
- Accessible Toilet and Baby Changing Facility - Please ask for the key at the information centre, Cafe in the Park or use your radar key.
- Dog water stations and tether points - located on the outside of the Visitor Centre.
- Activities and Events - Please have a look at our range of events catering to all ages
- Go Ape - Coombe Abbey is Go Ape's 34th UK location and there’s plenty to Go Ape about. Set in the beautiful grounds of our 500 acre estate, it offers the perfect backdrop for adventure. You’ll find vertigo-inducing platforms, stomach-wrenching crossings and high speeds zips you’ll want to do again and again. Featuring the Plummet - a stomach-churning 12-metre vertical drop - and boasting an exclusive Alpine zip-to-zip. Book Go Ape Coventry.
Two purpose built play areas
- Visitor Centre Play Area - Designed for under 12s
- Climbing Forest - A more challenging and exciting play area for your little monkeys with cargo nets and climbing posts surrounded by Coombe's woodland. Suitable for children 8 years and over, children under 15 must have adult supervision at all times.
500 acres of parkland and wildlife to discover
- Trails and Walks - Accessible routes are marked in the Visitor Guide, however, you can contact the Visitor Centre for more information about suitable routes. Why not download our Historic Coombe Trail and take yourself on a Historic walk around the park.
- Access to Long Distance Walking Routes - Centenary Way and Sowe Valley Footpath accessible from Coombe
- Bird Hide and SSSI - Our accessible bird hide is a popular spot to watch birds all year round and view the Heronry. Coombe's conservation area was first recognised as a SSSI (Site of Scientific Interest) over 40 years ago. This responsibly managed site remains a stellar sight for many birdwatchers
- Formal Gardens and Arboretum - Historic Victorian Gardens maintained in the original design of 19th century gardeners Nesfield and Miller
- Capability Brown - View our guide to discover the work Lancelot 'Capability' Brown did at Coombe
- Old Deer Park - Stunning parkland landscaped by "Capability" Brown where historically Deer would have grazed. Walks in this area offer stunning views of the park and the Abbey, historical interpretation and sight of the beginnings of restoration of this park area.
- Wildflower Meadow - A sensory experience filled with the sights, smells and sounds of the flora and fauna. Open April to September.
- Dog Walking - Coombe is a dog-friendly park. with designated off lead areas.
- Pond Dipping Stations - Bring a bucket ( or an empty ice cream tub), and a fishing net to see what you can find and use our permanent identification boards to identify what you find.
- Duck and Swan Feeding Area - A favourite for all ages both at the main lake and Top Pool. The feed is available to buy at the Information Centre priced at £1 a bag.
- Orienteering - Permanent course on site. Orienteering maps (£1.20) available to buy from the Information Centre.
- Coombe Pool Fishery - Premier coarse fishery: day tickets and season tickets available
- Events and activities - Take a look at what's going on at Coombe Abbey Park
- Educational Facilities - We offer a wide variety of environmental and Outdoor educational programmes for schools and groups. Take a look on our webpage at what we can offer or contact us directly.
- Virgin Balloon Flights - Please contact Virgin Balloons on 0844 576 0230 or view their website for further information or to make a booking.
Coombe Abbey ParkAddress: Coombe Abbey Park