Here is a selection of the routes available to view and download.
- Longford Loop (1 mile)
- Allesley Park (3 miles)
- Coombe Abbey Circular (3 miles)
- Sowe Valley Ride (5 miles)
- Holbrooks to Keresley (5 miles)
- Kenilworth Greenway Circuit (7 miles)
- Alan Higgs to Brandon Marsh (10 miles)
- Jubilee to Jodhpurs (11 miles)
- War Memorial to Meriden (17 miles)
- Longford to Bramcote (18 miles)
- Coombe Abbey and Countryside Ride (20 miles)
Plan your own cycle ride
Find your way by bike using the online cycle journey planner or view our cycle maps. If you have a Smartphone download the Bike Citizens App to navigate by bike. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
Traffic-free places to ride
- Coventry Canal
- Sowe Valley Cycle Route
- Coombe Country Park
- Kenilworth Greenway near the University of Warwick
- Ryton Pools Country Park also offers cycle hire and a 16 mile mountain bike trail for the more adventurous
Share with care
Some cycle paths are shared with other users. Don't forget to:
- give way to pedestrians, wheelchair users and horse riders, making sure you give them plenty of room
- keep to your side of any dividing line
- be prepared to slow down and stop if necessary
- do not expect to cycle at high speeds
You should only cycle on pavements where signs show it is allowed.
Cycling by train
Bike and train is an ideal combination for longer journeys. The Network West Midlands website can help you plan your journey.
Free cycle parking is available at Coventry, Canley, Coventry Arena and Tile Hill stations.
West Midlands Trains, London North Western, Cross Country Trains and Avanti West Coast all carry cycles free-of-charge. A reservation is required on Avanti West Coast and is recommended on Cross Country Trains.
Useful cycling websites
Cycle CoventryAddress: PO Box 15