Trees are an important part of the character of our city, bringing with them many benefits.
We will maintain our trees to a safe condition and will:
- Carry out routine inspections of all Council owned trees
- Carry out annual pruning where programmed
- Remove dead, dying and dangerous trees
- Remove dangerous and damaged limbs
- Prune branches where a actionable nuisance is being caused - such as damage to buildings
- Investigate any enquiry within five working days, or 24 hours if urgent;
Please see our tree maintenance page for detail on this year's maintenance programme.
We do not have to:
- Prune back or remove overhanging branches unless they are considered a actionable nuisance
- Prune or fell trees to improve light to a property;
- Prune or fell trees to improve the view from a property;
- Prune or fell trees to improve the TV reception to a property;
Trees on housing land
Land on some housing estates is under the control of Citizen Housing. Your local housing office will be able to answer any questions you may have about the maintenance of trees in these areas.
Please help us by making sure that your trees and hedges do not overhang and obstruct footways and carriageways.
Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). If you do need to call us, please try to avoid our busiest times of lunchtime and early afternoon. Many queries relating to Council Tax, benefits or bin and bulky waste collections can be dealt with directly by logging into My Account.