This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and will focus our efforts on the most critical elements. In doing so disruption to many services is likely.
Read our latest update
Services by A-Z - Find the services you need
Coombe Abbey Park
What to do at Coombe
Coombe Abbey Park offers a wide range of facilities, including:
- Visitor Centre - Open every day 10am to 4pm
- Discovery Centre - Find out more about the woodland, wetlands and grasslands of the park with our interactive exhibits for children.
- Information Desk - Here you can pick up a map of the park, or one of our trail guides. Find out what you can see in the park today and you can ask one of our friendly members of staff for any information you need
- Cafe in the Park operated by Coombe Abbey Hotel - See Food and Drink and Kiosk in the Park an additional cafe facility situated down at Top Pool,
- Gift shop - Plenty of pocket-money-friendly toys to be found here, Coombe souvenirs, footballs, rounders sets and more
- Coombe Abbey Woodturners - Meet regularly on Tuesdays and Sundays - members of the public are most welcome to have a go at this traditional craft.
- Crafty Cat Paint Your Own Pottery Studio - Open most Saturdays, Sundays and school holidays. Drop in and bookable places available. Please contact Sue Barnwell on 07501 467 560 or check out their Facebook page for any enquiries. Birthday parties and groups also catered for.
- Public Toilets - Visitor Centre Toilets will close approx 30 minutes before park close and Top Pool Toilets approx 1 hour before park close. See park opening times for any seasonal changes.
- Accessible Toilet and Baby Changing Facility - Please ask for the key at the Information Desk in the Visitor Centre or use your radar key
- Dog water stations and tether points - located on the outside of the Visitor Centre
- Room Hire Facilities - We have rooms available for private hire for meetings, training and family gatherings during our opening hours. Please contact us for more information.
- Activities and Events - Please have a look at our range of events catering to all ages
- Go Ape - Coombe Abbey is Go Ape's 34th UK location and there’s plenty to Go Ape about. Set in the beautiful grounds of our 500 acre estate, it offers the perfect backdrop for adventure. You’ll find vertigo-inducing platforms, stomach-wrenching crossings and high speeds zips you’ll want to do again and again. Featuring the Plummet - a stomach-churning 12-metre vertical drop - and boasting an exclusive Alpine zip-to-zip. Book Go Ape Coventry.
Two purpose built play areas
- Visitor Centre Play Area - Features swings, slides and more outdoor play equipment in this area suitable for children under 10
- Climbing Forest - A more challenging and exciting play area for your little monkeys with cargo nets and climbing posts surrounded by Coombe's woodland. Suitable for children 8 years and over, children under 15 must have adult supervision at all times.
500 acres of parkland and wildlife to discover
- Trails and Walks - T Accessible routes are marked in the Visitor Guide, however, you can contact the Visitor Centre for more information. See dates for special open weekends for walks around the lake.
- Access to Long Distance Walking Routes - Centenary Way and Sowe Valley Footpath accessible from Coombe
- Bird Hide and SSSI - Our accessible bird hide is a popular spot to watch birds all year round and view Warwickshire largest Heronry. Coombe's conservation area was first recognised as a SSSI (Site of Scientific Interest) over 40 years ago. This responsibly managed site remains a stellar sight for many birdwatchers
- Formal Gardens and Arboretum - Historic Victorian Gardens maintained in the original design of 19th century gardeners Nesfield and Miller
- Old Deer Park - Stunning parkland landscaped by "Capability" Brown where historically Deer would have grazed. Walks in this area offer stunning views of the park and the Abbey, historical interpretation and sight of the beginnings of restoration of this park area.
- Wildflower Meadow - A sensory experience filled with the sights, smells and sounds of the flora and fauna from April to September.
- Dog Walking - Coombe is a dog friendly park. Please see our Dogs section for more details
- Pond Dipping Stations - Bring a bucket ( or an empty ice cream tub), and a fishing net ( available to purchase from the shop) to see what you can find with our permanent identification boards
- Duck and Swan Feeding Area - A favourite for all ages both at the main lake and Top Pool. Feed is available to buy at the Shop in the Visitor Centre priced at £1 a bag
- Orienteering - Permanent course on site. Orienteering maps (£1) available to buy from the Visitor Centre.
- BBQ Areas and Picnic Benches - see Food and Drink
- Coombe Pool Fishery - Premier coarse fishery: day tickets and season tickets available
- Events and activities - Take a look at what's going on at Coombe Abbey Park
- Educational Facilities - Are you interested in some of our education staff leading your group on an activity in the park? We offer options for schools, community groups, workplaces, training providers and anyone else who wishes to come to the park.
- Virgin Balloon Flights - Please contact Virgin Balloons on 0844 576 0230 or view their website for further information or to make a booking.