Schools Library and Resource Service
What we offer?
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Check out the resources available from SLS to support home learning
- Digital Project Cards - Alternative to projects/artefacts for subscribing schools supporting topic home learning available through our customer portal
- Primary Digital Update - weekly round up of online resources to support home learning available to all Coventry Schools and families
- Secondary Digital Update - weekly round up of online resources to support home learning available to all Coventry Schools and families
- Virtual Reading Club - Online resources to encourage reading for pleasure including access to free e-books, competitions and you can add your own book reviews
New - Make your School library safe to use
If you would like some help in making your school library safe to use in September we have a new package available to assist schools in getting their school libraries operational for September while following all the guidance on minimising the risks from Covid-19. For more information please have a look at our flyer, to discuss your schools' needs please email [email protected]
We are hoping to be provide some limited services this term when/if schools begin a phased reopening and that all services will be available from September.
- advice and guidance
- termly project loans to support topic teaching in the classroom
- annual loans to supplement library and classroom collections
- artefact loans to help bring the curriculum to life with 'hands-on' experiences
- digital offer to enhance reading opportunities
- up-to-date book recommendations and reviews to keep staff in touch with publishing trends
- support for Primary and KS3 literacy improvement strategies
- school library computerisation
- training opportunities for teachers and librarians
- library maintenance
Why use us?
By using the Schools Library and Resource Service you can:
- save time and money
- promote reading for pleasure especially our fabulous annual Coventry Inspiration Book Awards voted locally by schools
- respond quickly to curriculum demands
- develop your pupils' information literacy skills
- improve the quality of your school's resources
When are we open?
- Monday to Thursday: 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Friday: 9.00am to 4.30pm
Sessions outside these hours are available by prior arrangement.
The Schools Library and Resource Service is open during school holidays - please email [email protected] for details.