This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and will focus our efforts on the most critical elements. In doing so disruption to many services is likely.
Read our latest update
Services by A-Z - Find the services you need
Health and Safety training courses
Pages in Health and Safety training courses
- Working alone and dealing with violence and aggression
- Health and Safety training courses
Working alone and dealing with violence and aggression
This 2-hour course aims to provide information on being safe when working alone and give strategies to prevent and manage potential acts of violence and aggression. This course does not specifically cover potential violence and aggression from pupils or behavioural management, although aspects will be relevant.
Employees who work alone, out of hours and front line staff who may have the potential to deal with incidents of violence and aggression.
- Enable staff to develop strategies that will enable them to minimise risks when working alone
- Enable staff to identify behaviours that may lead to aggression and how to de-escalate
The study topics include
- Risk assessment
- Coventry City Council Policy and guidance on dealing with violence
- Identifying hotspots and hazards
- Developing strategies
- Preventative action to minimise risks
- Developing a code of safe practice
- Dealing with darkness and dangerous places
- Recognising behaviours
- Recognising triggers
- De-escalation techniques