We are open for:
- Births You will need to book to register a birth.
- Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership appointments - Anyone with a ceremony taking place within the next 4 months will be able to book a notice appointment online. If your ceremony is more than 4 months ahead you will not be able to book a notice appointment until you are within the 4 month period. Please note you must have decided on the venue for your ceremony before you attend your notice appointment.
- If one of you is from outside the UK
- You and your partner must give notice together at a register office in the district where at least one of you lives, unless you both have one of the following:
- British or Irish citizenship
- settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme
- an application to the EU Settlement Scheme that you made before 30 June 2021, which you’re waiting for a decision on
- If your partner had already given notice separately before 1 July 2021, they will need to give notice again with you.
Unfortunately at this time we are still unable to deliver the following services to customers:
- Re-registrations (unless an emergency)
- Corrections (unless an emergency, for example stopping a funeral taking place)
- Preliminary appointments
Updated 20 July 2021
The Register Office has been present in Coventry since the first legal requirement to register births, still-births, deaths and marriages was introduced.
You will need to go to Coventry's Register Office for the registration of births, deaths, marriages, civil partnerships and other celebratory services within the City of Coventry.
Coventry Register Office has been located in its current premises since the mid-1960s.
A room is provided to fulfil the requirement to complete marriage and civil partnership ceremonies for a statutory fee.
In addition to registering today's events, the Register Office holds all the original birth, marriage and death registers from 1837 to the present day.
We take pride in our customer care and endeavour to give you the best service we can.
We take payment by card over the telephone.
Building opening times
- Monday - Friday 9.15am - 4.30pm.
- Ceremonies by appointment Monday to Sundays.
- Calls are taken by our call centre, Customer Services. Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Should you need to contact us in an emergency please call the Council's emergency out of hours number on 024 7683 2222 and they will contact a registrar on your behalf.