We are open and will be offering:
- Births You will need to book to register a birth.
- Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership appointments - Anyone with a ceremony taking place within the next 3 months will be able to book a notice appointment online. If your ceremony is more than 3 months ahead you will not be able to book a notice appointment until you are within the 3 month period. Please note you must have decided on the venue for your ceremony before you attend your notice appointment. If either party is a Non- EEA national you may present at any other designated office in England.
Unfortunately at this time we are still unable to deliver the following services to customers:
- Re-registrations (unless an emergency)
- Corrections (unless an emergency, for example stopping a funeral taking place)
- Change of name deeds
- Preliminary appointments
- Ceremonies (unless there are exceptional circumstances)
Updated 31 December 2020.
The Register Office has been present in Coventry since the first legal requirement to register births, still-births, deaths and marriages was introduced.
You will need to go to Coventry's Register Office for the registration of births, deaths, marriages, civil partnerships and other celebratory services within the City of Coventry.
Coventry Register Office has been located in its current premises since the mid-1960s.
A room is provided to fulfil the requirement to complete marriage and civil partnership ceremonies for a statutory fee.
In addition to registering today's events, the Register Office holds all the original birth, marriage and death registers from 1837 to the present day.
We take pride in our customer care and endeavour to give you the best service we can.
We take payment by card in person or by telephone.
Building opening times
- Monday - Friday 9.15am - 4.30pm.
- Ceremonies by appointment Monday to Sundays.
- Calls are taken by our call centre, Customer Services. Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Should you need to contact us in an emergency please call the Council's emergency out of hours number on 024 7683 2222 and they will contact a registrar on your behalf.