Registering to vote

What happens if my details change, including my address?

If you have moved to a new address in Coventry simply complete the online register to vote form to update your name, address or any other details on the electoral register. You will need your National Insurance number (if you have one) and passport (if you've moved abroad).

If you have moved away from Coventry you can use the same form. You will be able to give your old address on this form, and your new authority will then tell us so we can take your details off our register.

Remember to keep your details updated; it will help keep your credit history accurate. The electoral register can never be back-dated.

If you have changed your name you need to let us know in writing and send us a copy of evidence proving your change of name e.g. photocopy of a marriage certificate, deed poll or decree absolute. Alongside this we need your signature, old name, new name and your address. You can send us a copy of your documents in the post or scanned copies by email. Please DO NOT send original documents as this isn't required.

Electoral Services

Opening hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm (excluding bank holidays)

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 024 7683 3034

Council House
Earl Street

Is there anything wrong with this page?