What is Let's Rent Coventry?
Let’s Rent Coventry is Coventry City Council's rent guarantee scheme, launched on 18 May 2020, in collaboration with private landlords across the city. It matches people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, with landlords who have properties to let.
We offer guaranteed rent and other benefits to private sector landlords who want to work with the Council by providing tenancies in order to alleviate homelessness in the city. This includes a payment of up to 5 weeks' rent as a deposit.
- Let’s rent is a completely free service
- We will guarantee rent payments up to the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rate for the period of the tenancy (up to 2 years)
- We will make a bonus one-off payment of an additional months rent at the end of each successful year
- The property can be either furnished or unfurnished, but it must have up to date safety features and certificates
- The Council will vet tenants to ensure they are suitable (including immigration status, housing history and benefit status), and arrange viewings of the property
- Following the viewings, the landlord has the option to choose their preferred tenant
- You can use a lettings agency to manage your property – however, you must make this clear to prospective tenants as they may incur additional charges as a result
Let's Rent Coventry
If you are interested in Let's Rent or have questions, please contact us and provide your contact number so that you can receive a callback.