Discarded needles and syringes
Pages in Discarded needles and syringes
- What to do if you find a needle or syringe in a public place
- How do I report discarded needles/syringes?
What to do if you find a needle or syringe in a public place
- Do not touch the item(s) unless it poses an immediate danger to you or other residents.
- If there is something to hand that you can place on top of it to stop others from getting to it, e.g. a cone or a box, please do so
Needles or syringes found at schools or nurseries
Please report any needles or syringes immediately to the staff on site that are trained to deal with such items.
If you receive a needlestick injury:
- Do not suck the wound
- Squeeze the area straight away to make it bleed
- Run the injury under the cold tap for two minutes
- Seek immediate medical advice at Accident and Emergency
We aim to:
- Remove needles/syringes within five working hours
Please help us by:
- Reporting all instances of discarded needles/syringes on public land
- Not discarding needles/syringes