Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and focusing on the most critical. This means some services may be affected. For help, call 08085 834333.

Read our latest update

Specialist advice and equipment

Pages in Specialist advice and equipment

  1. Specialist advice and equipment
  2. About the equipment and costs
  1. Equipment issues and returns

How can equipment help me?

Equipment and Technology can help to support you or those you care for to manage day to day tasks. It can help to promote and maintain independence, build confidence, provide and give peace of mind. There is a range of equipment and technology that can help if you are having difficulties at home with all the things you need to do every day. For example:

  • If you are having difficulty moving around your home grab rails, a stick or other equipment may make it easier for you.
  • Equipment that could help you get on / off your toilet, chair or your bed.
  • If cooking and using your kitchen is becoming difficult a trolley to carry food safely or a stool so that you can sit at the kitchen sink or work surface may help.
  • If getting in / out of the bath or shower or just having a wash is proving difficult there is a range of equipment that could help.

Specialist equipment is also available for people with a visual and/or hearing impairment.

Where can I get more information and advice?

Information about equipment and technology is available on our Adult Social Care and Communities Information Directory 

You can get information and advice at the Opal Assessment and Demonstration Centre. Occupational Therapists are available to demonstrate the latest equipment and to offer free advice about a range of possible solutions that may make everyday tasks easier for you.

You can complete an online self assessment or ask for an assessment by contacting Adult Social Care Direct. You can do this yourself or ask your doctor or a family member to do it for you.

Adult Social Care Direct

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 024 7683 3003

Council House
PO Box 15
Earl Street

Is there anything wrong with this page?