What large or bulky items can be collected?
Advance Notice: Please be aware there will be no Bulky Waste service between 27 February and 2 March 2020.
Working in partnership with Emmaus Coventry and Warwickshire for a small charge, we can collect bulky household waste. Alternatively you can get rid of these items yourself by taking them to the Household Recycling and Reuse Centre (the tip).
Bulky household items we will collect:
- Bikes, pushchairs and prams
- Children's toys and equipment. For example, play house, cot, highchair
- Domestic waste – excess black bag waste. Three black sacks are equal to one individual item. The maximum number of black bags per booking is nine
- Exercise equipment (excluding running machines)
- Fridge / freezer – please note we are only able to accept domestic appliances. The maximum combination of fridge/freezers per booking is two, any food items must be removed.
- Home furnishings (excluding mattresses) – please note each set of furniture should be recorded as individual items i.e. a table and four chairs are five items in total. Examples of items include sofa, settee, table, chair, bed base, wardrobe, chest of drawers
- Garden furniture and small outdoor toys. For example plastic furniture, child's sandpit, swing
- Mattresses – please note we will not take mattresses soiled with bodily fluids. The maximum number of mattresses per booking is two.
- Small electrical items for example TV, kettle, toaster, lamp.
Bulky household items we will not collect:
- Builders rubble (including bricks, concrete, paving slabs and tiles)
- Gas cylinders
- Garden waste or petrol lawnmowers
- Liquids or hazardous waste
- Fixtures and fittings – such as doors, window units, bathroom suites, kitchen units, flooring including carpet and laminate
- Bundles of wood
Many of these items may be taken to the Household Recycling and Reuse Centre (the tip). For details on the disposal of specific items please see A-Z of rubbish and recycling or contact Customer Services.
This service is for households within the boundaries of Coventry City Council only. This service is not available to business and private landlords.