Contacting us about adult social care services and support

There are many ways in which you can get in touch with us to discuss your adult social care needs. Our main point of contact during normal working hours is Adult Social Care Direct and this is available Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm.

If want to check your address comes under Coventry City Council please use GOV.UK's postcode checker.

Report abuse or neglect

Adult Social Care Direct can also be contacted if you have concerns about abuse or neglect. If you're at risk of abuse of neglect, or suspect someone else is, you need to report it.

Mental health support

If you need some help because of mental health issues you should contact the Mental Health Access Hub run by Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), this is the first point of contact for people accessing CWPT mental health services.

Complete a self-assessment

You can complete a self-assessment if you think you need help or you care for someone who needs support. By answering some quick questions about your current situation, we can direct you towards information, advice and services that could help you to live independently and improve your wellbeing. We can also tell you how likely you are to be eligible for care and support and whether or not you would have to pay for some or all of the support you may receive.

Contacting us a professional

If you are a professional and feel the person you’re working with could benefit from some care and support, complete the online Adult Social Care referral form for:

  • Older people (65+)
  • Informal carers
  • Younger adults (18+) with a physical impairment, visual impairment or learning difficulty/disability
  • Occupational therapy assessments

Contacting us in an emergency

For emergency situations outside our standard line hours, after 5pm, Monday to Thursday, and from 4.30pm on Friday and over the weekend you can contact our Emergency Duty Team. These phone numbers are for use in a genuine emergency when there is an immediate threat to health or safety.

If you believe someone is in immediate danger, call 999.

Otherwise, report crimes to West Midlands Police by calling 101.

Emergency duty team

For emergencies after 5pm Monday - Thursday and after 4.30pm Friday and over the weekend

Address: Coventry Central Police Station
Little Park Street

Telephone: 024 7683 2222

Adult Social Care Direct

Speech impairment, deaf or hard of hearing? You can call using Next Generation Text (also known as Text Relay and TypeTalk): Call 18001 024 7683 3003

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7683 3003