What can I do if the council refuse to award me a discount?

If you disagree with the our decision not to award you a discount, you can appeal against the decision. In the first stage of the appeal, you must write to us, giving the reasons why you think the decision is wrong.

The information you provide should include:

  • your name and the property the appeal relates to
  • details about the decision you are unhappy with and why you are unhappy with it.

Please send your appeal to the Council Tax Team.

We then have two months to make a decision about your appeal. If you still disagree with our decision, or if we have not replied within two months, you can appeal to a Valuation Tribunal.

Apply for a Council Tax discount