Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Problems paying your Council Tax?

Your bill will be spread over 10 monthly instalments. If you would like to spread this over 12 monthly instalments please e-mail 

Changing your payment date 

If your payment date is not suitable for you, think about paying by Direct Debit as this gives you a choice of payment dates.

On a low income?

If you are on a low income you may be able to get Council Tax Support.

There are many unclaimed discounts and exemptions, please check to see if you are entitled.

If you find yourself in any kind of financial difficulty, these organisations can offer free, independent and impartial advice.

If you are having problems and struggling to pay a shortfall in your rent, you can apply for Discretionary Housing Payment.

Can I appeal about the amount of Council Tax Support I receive?

You can appeal to us about your entitlement to a reduction under the Council Tax Support scheme. If you believe the income or household details we are using are incorrect please complete the appeal form.

In very exceptional circumstances where you are experiencing extreme financial difficulties, we may be able to reduce the amount of Council Tax that you have to pay. For further information, please see our discretionary relief policy.

Council Tax

Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)


Tel: 024 7683 1111


If you do need to call us,
please try to avoid our busiest times
of lunchtime and early afternoon.

Is there anything wrong with this page?