Commenting on planning applications

Who can comment on planning applications?

Anyone can make a comment on a planning application whilst the consultation period is open.

You can use our simple guide to help you decide what is a "material consideration".

If you want to speak at committee and have made a representation (to Development Management) then you need to contact the Committee Officer as well, full instructions are on our "how to comment" pages.

How do I find out what is being proposed?


We are unable to give informal advice by telephone, please refer to our planning webpages for guidance.

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7683 1109