Party walls and work on shared boundaries

Party Walls Act 1996

The Council will not mediate or offer advice on disputes affecting a boundary between yourselves and your neighbour as it is a private, civil matter between individual land owners.

There are however other external organisations that may offer advice and we have provided some links below to assist you.


We are unable to give informal advice by telephone, please refer to our planning webpages for guidance.

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7683 1109