Will I get permission for a commercial property?

Permitted Development 

There are permitted development allowances for commercial properties you should look at the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 2015 (as amended) for further guidance. 

There are some changes of use that do not require planning permission.

If you require confirmation that your proposal does not require planning permission then you should apply for a Lawful Development Certificate (LDC) proposed. 

Making a planning application

How do I apply?

Building Control

For advice on whether you need building regulation consent for your proposal please contact our Building Control Team


We are unable to give informal advice by telephone, please refer to our planning webpages for guidance.

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7683 1109