Roads, highways and pavements

Parking travel and streets

Traffic Regulation Orders

Find out how Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) are used by the Council and police to control vehicles on the street.

Road gritting

we use forecasts of ice and snow conditions to decide when the gritting of roads and footways is necessary.

Traffic signals

Report faulty traffic signals.

Dropped kerbs

Find out about dropped kerbs and whether you need planning permission.

Highway regulations and enforcement

Some activities, such as putting up scaffolds or placing skips or notice boards in the street, need a licence or permission.

Roadworks permit scheme

Applies to anyone who wants to carry out roadworks, streetworks or other activities.

School crossing patrols

About school crossing patrols in Coventry.

Street lighting

Report a problem with a street light to Balfour Beatty.

Electric cars

Where to re-charge your electric cars.

Outdoor media advertising

There are highly visible, photographic quality banners located at key city, commuter and neighbourhood locations.

Highways Act Section 38 and Section 278 agreements

How to enter in to a S38 or S278 legal agreement for a developer scheme.

Highways Infrastructure Asset Management

About our Highways Asset Management Plan and Strategy.


How to get involved in the Community Speedwatch initiative.

Local safety schemes

Road safety measures and information about proposed schemes.

Is there anything wrong with this page?