Community Support Grants
The Community Support Grant was introduced to provide financial support to customers who are moving into a property with the essential household items needed to set up a home.
The scheme will consider applications to
- Help support customers who are leaving temporary, homeless, or hostel accommodation
- Ease exceptional pressure on people or families. Examples of exceptional pressure could include a breakdown of family relationships or disruption due to a major fire or flooding at home.
- Help people who are setting up home after leaving accommodation in which they received significant and substantial care and supervision (examples include leaving hospital or prison).
- Help people who are setting up home as part of a planned programme of resettlement (organised by someone like a Local Authority, voluntary organisation, housing association or registered charity)
- Help people who need help to stay in the community rather than enter accommodation to receive care (such as a residential care home or nursing home).
To apply for a Community Support Grant, you must be
- Able to meet one of the above criteria
- A resident of Coventry which includes the address you are moving to
- Receiving one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Pension Credit
A Community Support Grant cannot provide support
- If you are moving outside of the Coventry Local Authority area
The new Local Authority might provide support or operate a similar scheme. If you are unsure of which local authority your new address comes under, please visit https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-bands Quoting your new post code.
- If you are in a crisis and require immediate support with Food, Gas and/or Electricity.
- If your items are damaged, broken, or worn and you require financial support replacing these
- If you require support with flooring, curtains or any other items which are not listed on the application form or included on the What essential items can Community Support Grant consider page.
However, Support may be available through the Household Support Fund. You can contact them on 08085 834333 by selecting option 1 for Household Support Fund or visit https://www.coventry.gov.uk/householdsupportfund for more information.
Community Support GrantAddress: Customer Service Centre
3 Upper Precinct