Help with making an online claim and managing your money
Help with the online claim
If you do not have access to the internet on a computer, tablet or mobile phone you can use a computer for free at:
- Local libraries (You will need to join a library before you can use the computers there)
- Our Customer Service Centre
- The Jobcentre
- Family Hubs
- Community Centres
Getting help to make a new Universal Credit Claim
Coventry Citizens Advice offer support with making a new claim for Universal Credit, from opening your account to receiving your full first payment.
Their trained advisers can help you to:
- Set up your Universal Credit account
- Verify your identity
- Make sure you’re providing the right evidence to the Jobcentre
- Understand what Universal Credit will mean for you
- Complete your claim ‘ to do’s’
If you are not sure what help you need, just get in touch and they will work out what support you need. You can:
Visit CAB at Kirby House, 15 Little Park Street, Coventry CV1 2JZ between 9am - 4pm weekdays
Call Freephone 0800 144 8 444 (England)
Visit their website for more information on Universal Credit.
Are you unsure how much benefit you will receive, or how much money you will have left once you have paid your bills?
Use our handy benefits calculator to:
- See how much benefit you might be entitled to
- Help to identify your priority bills and manage your money
- See how changes in your circumstances would affect your income
There are also a number of local and national agencies that can provide advice and support.