It is important for all young people to prepare for adulthood. This is especially important for young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
There are many options available for young people with SEND who are entering adulthood. Preparation for the move from school to further education, employment or volunteering should start by year 9.
This section has information about the education, training and volunteering opportunities available to young people with SEND who are moving into adulthood.
- Access to Work - Get help at work if you’re disabled or have a health condition
- Employment Options
- Employment Support and the Job Shop
- Post 16 Education - Sixth Form and College
- Preparing young people for adulthood and employment
- Volunteering and Community Based Education Options
- Work Related Learning opportunities