Starting Primary school in September 2023
Children born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019
The application process to apply on time started on 1 September 2022.
The closing date for making your application on time was 15 January 2023. All applications received after this date will not be considered until after the offer date of 17 April 2023.
Late applications will be considered in the second allocation round in May 2023.
You will need to complete the supplementary form if you are applying for a place at faith schools: Seva, or Leigh Church of England schools (including when applying online).
Check the result of your child's school place
Access the Coventry Education Services Portal to check the outcome of your On time application from 16 April 2023.
|1 September 2022||Parents can make applications|
|15 January 2023||Closing date for applications and final date for any changes to addresses|
|17 April 2023||
National Offer Day
Letters posted by second class delivery to inform parents of allocated school. E-mails sent to online applicants
|May - August 2023||Allocation of places from waiting lists and any late applications|
|May - July 2023||Appeals heard|
Finding out about schools in Coventry
Further information about each school can be found in the Primary booklet 2023 or the individual school prospectuses. Arrangements can be made to visit individual schools by contacting the headteacher.
Children are likely to benefit most from their school days if parents and teachers work closely together. You will find that headteachers will be pleased to meet you, so do not hesitate to contact them if you have any queries or matters of concern.
Online applications (Open 1 September - 15 January)
We recommend parents apply online as:
- it is quick, easy to use and secure
- you receive an email confirmation once you submit your application
- there is no risk of your application getting lost in the post
- you can check and change your application up to the closing date. However, please make sure that you resubmit if you view or change it
- it saves time, paper and postage
- you will receive an email on the relevant offer day confirming the school allocated rather than waiting for several days for the post
- you can log into your account on offer day to find out the result
If users have not received any emails, please ensure you check your junk mail folder as the email could be in there. Your junk folder could be called 'junk', 'trash' or 'spam'.
If you use mail programs like Outlook to download your emails from providers such as Sky, Virgin Media or NTL World then such mail programs may not download emails in your junk folder. In such cases you will need to do the following:
- Open your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and navigate to the website of your email provider e.g. www.sky.com
- Log into your email account
- Search for the email in your junk, trash or spam folders.
Once the email has been found, open the email and mark it as 'not spam' so that in future the emails come into your inbox.
Please ensure you make a note of your log-in details, as if for any reason you do not receive your offer email, you will be able to access your account.
Admissions team - Primary
Monday to Thursday: 8.30am – 5pm, Friday: 8.30am - 4.30pm Telephone line available until 3.30pm.