Primary School 2022 offers (additional information)

If you have submitted an online application for your child’s primary school place you will be aware that primary school places will be offered on Tuesday 19 April 2022. This being the next working day after the national offer day of 16 April 2022 which falls on the bank holiday/Easter weekend.

This update is to provide you with some useful information about the process and point you to additional support that will be available online.

As you applied online, you will be sent an email informing you of which primary school has been offered to your child. Emails will be sent on Tuesday 19 April 2022, and we expect that you will receive your email by 4.00pm. The exact time will depend on your email service provider. If you have not received any emails, please ensure you check your junk mail folder as the email could be in there. Your junk folder could be called 'junk', 'trash' or 'spam'.

Alternatively, you can log back into your account to see the result of your application.

All parents who made a paper or telephone application will be sent a decision letter via post. All letters leave the office on 19 April 2022. They are posted 2nd class so they should arrive (depending on Royal Mail) on Thursday 21 April 2022.

Please do not contact Coventry City Council before you have received the offer of a school place.

If for any reason you have not received your letter or email by 21 April 2022, we will provide you with information on the outcome of your application over the telephone. 

If you applied after the closing date of 15 January 2022 then you will not receive an offer of a school place on 19 April. You will be notified by the end of May of your school place offer.

If you did not make an application, then please apply as soon as possible.

Next steps

If your circumstances have changed and you want to change your application to request different schools then please email your request to or call 024 76975445 by 3 May with any new requests.

If your child has not been offered a place at any of the schools you applied for, this will be because the school(s) received more applications than there were places available and other children met the admission criteria more closely than your child. The Local Authority is legally obliged to offer a school place and therefore your child will have been offered a place at the nearest school from the home address that had a place available after we had completed the allocation. The school place offered (preference 8) will not be removed from your child until a place can be offered at an alternative school.

You will be placed on the waiting lists for the schools where your application has been refused and you will have the right of appeal. In the meantime, you can make requests for places at other schools. Please email your request to  or call 024 76975445 by 3 May with any new requests.

From 4 May 2022 we will put together all late applications and changes of preference and complete a second round of offers by the end of May. Any places which become available will be offered according to those who have the highest priority on the school waiting lists which are organised according to the admissions policy of each school.  

Waiting lists

If you do not receive an offer of a place at one of your higher preference schools your child's name will automatically be placed on the waiting lists for those schools and will remain on these lists until the end of the Autumn term (31 December). Applications are prioritised according to the admissions policy of each school.

Having a place on the waiting list is no guarantee that a place will become available. For the September 2021 admissions process, oversubscribed schools offered on average 5 places to those on waiting lists.

The position your child is at on the waiting list is as at the day you enquire. There will be no changes to the waiting list from 19 April until we have completed the second allocation round so information on changes to waiting list positions will only be available from 9 May 2022.

The Admissions team will contact you if a school place becomes available for your child from a waiting list.

Parents who have applied for places outside the city should contact the appropriate authority direct to discuss the appeals process and the position on any waiting lists. 


You have the right to appeal at any school that you have applied for and had written confirmation of being refused admission. 

If you are considering the possibility of submitting an appeal, please read the advice regarding appeals on the School Admissions website carefully.

You can only appeal against the refusal of a place at a school you applied for.

Appeals are heard and decided by panels who are completely independent of the council and the school(s).

Consider the likelihood of your appeal being successful.

For example, were you realistic with the preferences you submitted for your child?

Appeals are generally only successful if you or your child have exceptional reasons for needing admission to a particular school. Infant class size appeals are subject to the Government legislation around class sizes of no more than 30 pupils per class. Read more information.

Please find below a list of schools whose appeals are administered by the Local Authority. Should you wish to appeal for any of these schools, the closing date for submitting your written appeal is 20 May 2022. Appeals will be heard in the first round of appeals between 20 June – 1 July 2022.

Appeals submitted after 20 May 2022 and by the closing date of 3 June 2022 will be heard between 4 July – 22 July 2022. If you miss the 3 June closing date, it will be classed as a late appeal and will be heard after the on-time appeals, and it may not be heard before the beginning of September 2022.

  • Aldermans Green Primary
  • Aldermoor Farm Primary             
  • All Saints CE
  • Allesley Primary               
  • Allesley Hall Primary                   
  • Broad Heath Primary
  • Cannon Park Primary       
  • Clifford Bridge Primary                
  • Coundon Primary Courthouse Green Primary     
  • Earlsdon Primary                
  • Edgewick Primary                         
  • Ernesford Grange Primary          
  • Finham Primary
  • Frederick Bird Primary      
  • Gosford Park Primary                 
  • Grange Farm Primary
  • Grangehurst Primary        
  • Hearsall Community Academy    
  • Henley Green Primary
  • Hill Farm Academy           
  • Holbrook Primary                       
  • Hollyfast Primary
  • Howes Primary                
  • John Gulson Primary                  
  • John Shelton Primary
  • Joseph Cash Primary       
  • Keresley Grange Primary            
  • Limbrick Wood Primary
  • Little Heath Primary          
  • Longford Park Primary                
  • Manor Park Primary
  • Moat House Primary         
  • Moseley Primary                        
  • Mount Nod Primary
  • Park Hill Primary              
  • Parkgate Primary                       
  • Pearl Hyde Primary
  • Potters Green Primary      
  • Radford Academy                      
  • Ravensdale Primary
  • Richard Lee Primary         
  • Sidney Stringer Primary              
  • Southfields Primary
  • Sowe Valley Primary        
  • Spon Gate Primary                     
  • St Andrews CE Infant
  • St Christopher Primary     
  • Stivichall Primary                       
  • Stoke Primary
  • Stoke Heath Primary        
  • Templars Primary                       
  • Walsgrave Primary
  • Whitley Abbey Primary     
  • Whitmore Park Primary               
  • Whittle Academy
  • Whoberley Hall Primary    
  • Willenhall Primary                      
  • Wyken Croft Primary

You will be able to access the appeal form online from 19 April 2022

All other Coventry Primary school appeals are administered by the schools themselves, further information on deadline dates and who to contact.

Admissions team - Primary

Monday to Thursday: 8.30am – 5pm, Friday: 8.30am - 4.30pm

Telephone: 024 7697 5445