Are there any other organisations in Coventry which can provide me with support for my mental health needs?
Wellbeing for Warwickshire
Wellbeing for Warwickshire operates a free 24/7, 365 days a year phone line to the residents of Coventry. The trained and compassionate helpline team provide a confidential service and can help you if you are aged 16 years or over and:
- Feeling low, anxious or stressed
- In emotional distress with nowhere else to turn
- Caring for another, but find it difficult to cope
- Looking for information or advice – wondering how to get support with your mental wellbeing
- Socially isolated and want to connect with others
Call for free, any time of the day on 0800 616171.
Wellbeing for Coventry (Coventry and Warwickshire Mind in partnership with Sahil and Tamarind Centre)
Wellbeing for Coventry offers a model of support designed around:
- Wellbeing hubs offering drop-in advice and signposting services 365 days a year
- A recovery academy to provide groups and courses and one-to-one support
- 3 tiers of community short-term and intensive support
- Outreach mental health support for Black, Minority Ethnic & Asian communities (Tamarind & Sahil)
Wellbeing for Coventry is aimed at supporting people in Coventry aged 18 and over
- At risk from developing mental ill health
- Those that are experiencing mental ill health to live well.
The Samaritans provide confidential, caring emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who have feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide. Call the national helpline 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, on 116 123 or phone the Coventry Samaritans on 024 7667 8678.
There are also a number of other local voluntary organisations which you can contact directly. You can find out more about information and advice services in our Adult Social Care and Communities Directory
Coventry City Council runs some ‘in-house’ services which provide support to people with mental health needs:
- The POD is a service which helps people in their journey towards mental health recovery. In partnership with service users it runs a number of different community based projects.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust
Central Bookings Service (Mental Health Services) Open 24 hours, 7 days a weekAddress: Paybody Building
Adult Social Care Direct
Speech impairment, deaf or hard of hearing? You can call using Next Generation Text (also known as Text Relay and TypeTalk): Call 18001 024 7683 3003Address: PO Box 15