I still think I need to talk to someone about the support that might be available, who I can contact?

In general it is a good idea to speak to your GP in the first instance about your mental health. Your family doctor may be able to treat you, or can refer you to specialist mental health services if your mental health needs are more severe or complex.

The main provider of specialist mental health services locally is Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust. If you are referred to them you will initially speak to a ‘triage’ mental health worker, who will ask you about your current difficulties, needs and wishes. Advice and information might be all you need. If necessary, however, you will be offered an appointment for a full assessment with a mental health professional. This could be a nurse, a doctor, and occupational therapist or a social worker.

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust has a number of different mental health teams, known as Integrated Practice Units (IPUs). The team you are referred to following triage will depend on the type of mental health needs you have.

Further details about Coventry and Warwickshire Mental Health Partnership Trust, and about their range of services and teams.

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust

Central Bookings Service (Mental Health Services) Open 24 hours, 7 days a week

Address: Paybody Building
Byron Street

Telephone: 0300 200 0011 Opt. 1

Adult Social Care Direct

Speech impairment, deaf or hard of hearing? You can call using Next Generation Text (also known as Text Relay and TypeTalk): Call 18001 024 7683 3003

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7683 3003