Location and access
The Government advice is still to stay at home, so please only visit the site if it is absolutely necessary. If you are able to store your waste at home until your next household collection, please do so.
Before your visit: Remember, booking is essential
- Access to the site is by booking only. Visitors arriving without a pre-booking will not be permitted access.
- In order to maximise space inside the centre, only cars will be permitted into the site. Vans and any type of car trailers will not be allowed in.
The Centre is only open for use by Coventry residents, neighbouring councils have their own facilities. To ensure that only Coventry residents are using the site, we will be asking anyone who books a slot to please bring with them proof of residency. This can be a recent tax bill (printed or online) or a driving licence. You will be asked to show this by our security personnel upon entry.
- Staff will be able to advise you but will not be able to help unload your vehicle, so please only bring items that you can safely unload yourself.
During your visit:
Do not turn up more than 10 minutes before your appointment. Queuing outside the site will be monitored and if you arrive outside of your booked time slot, or traffic levels become dangerous, you may be asked to leave and return at another time.
- The number of vehicles allowed into the site will be restricted and you may need to queue.
- Visitors must bring proof of address (printed or online) such as a recent Council Tax bill or driving licence as they will be required to show proof of residency. This will need to be shown through a closed window. If you are unable to provide this information you will not be permitted access.
- If there are passengers in the vehicle, only one person can leave the vehicle
- Staff will be able to advise you but will not be able to help unload your vehicle, so please only bring items that you can safely unload yourself
- Site users will need to follow social distancing restrictions in place on site at all times, staying 2m (6ft) away from other people. Please don’t be offended if a member of staff reminds you of the requirements.
- We will not tolerate any aggressive or abusive behaviour towards our staff or other site users.
For information on what you can take to the tip please see items accepted, or A-Z of rubbish and recycling for information on specific items.
After your visit:
Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser as soon as you get home.
The Household Recycling and Reuse Centre (the tip) is free to use for the people of Coventry. If you do not live in Coventry, you should visit your local recycling centre in Nuneaton & Bedworth, North Warwickshire, Warwick, Solihull or Rugby
The current re-use and recycling rate is 69%
Bar Road off London Road, Coventry, CV3 4AN.
What you can take to the tip
For information on what you can take to the tip please see items accepted, or A-Z of rubbish and recycling for information on specific items. Staff will be able to advise you but will not be able to help unload your vehicle, so please only bring items that you can safely unload yourself.