- Aluminium cans
- Batteries (household and car)
- Computers (please ensure all personal information is deleted)
- Duvets and pillows (please put these items in the bays marked non-recyclable waste)
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
- Household and garden chemicals
- Large electrical appliances (such as an oven)
- Mixed light bulbs
- Scrap metal
- Small electrical appliances (such as microwaves)
- Soil and rubble (up to 6 bags per load of building waste from home DIY per day)
- Textiles & clothing
- Used engine oil
- Used tyres
- Burnable non-recyclable waste
- Landfilled non-recyclable waste
Items we cannot recycle:
- Asbestos - by booking only
Please consider whether an item could be reused by others or taken to a charity shop before bringing it to the Household Recycling and Disposal Centre.
If you are bringing waste that is not from your address, you must bring the person that it belongs to.
For more information about specific items and quantities please see our A-Z of rubbish and recycling.
Alternatives to bulky waste collection service
If it's in good condition, give it away!
Donate your unwanted items to:
Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). If you do need to call us, please try to avoid our busiest times of lunchtime and early afternoon. Many queries relating to Council Tax, benefits or bin and bulky waste collections can be dealt with directly by logging into My Account.