You can make a claim for Housing Benefit if you:
- pay rent to a private landlord or a Housing Association;
- are a boarder whose rent includes meals;
- live in a hostel;
- live in a mobile home or a houseboat; or
- are renting under a shared ownership arrangement.
- you have reached State Pension Age
- you are in supported, sheltered or temporary housing
If you do not meet either of the above two criteria, any new claim for help with rent must be made through Universal Credit.
Please note all benefit claims may take up to 4 weeks to process, please avoid contacting the team for an update before this time has passed.
Benefits serviceAddress: Broadgate House
Customer Service Centre