You can make a claim for Housing Benefit if you:
- pay rent to a private landlord or a Housing Association;
- are a boarder whose rent includes meals;
- live in a hostel;
- live in a mobile home or a houseboat; or
- are renting under a shared ownership arrangement.
- you have reached State Pension Age
- you are in supported, sheltered or temporary housing
If you do not meet either of the above two criteria, any new claim for housing costs must be made through Universal Credit.
Benefits serviceAddress: Broadgate House
Customer Service Centre