Job Shop services for people looking for work
Are you a Coventry resident looking for new work, education or training opportunities?
We are here to help you with:
- 1 to 1 Job Coaching: A dedicated Job Coach to work with you in a person-centred way
- Practical Support: Support with preparing your CV, interview skills, confidence building, interview preparation and keeping your job once you get it.
- Direct vacancies from our employer network
- Exciting events to meet directly with local employers and training providers.
- Careers Advice: Specialised support and guidance to help you succeed in a career of your choice.
- Skills Support: Helping you find the right training providers for the skills you need for your chosen career.
- Money Advice: To help you with managing debt, budgeting, claiming benefits and better off calculation.
- Barrier Breaking Support: Helping with travel costs, interview clothing and childcare support.
- Health and Wellbeing Support: Maintaining or improving your health and wellbeing.
- Signposting: Helping you access a range of other services that can support you.
Come and see one of our advisers at the Coventry Job Shop - the hub for you to get one to one support to get the job you deserve.
The Employment & Skills Service is part of Coventry City Council. We provide a wide range of support to all Coventry residents, of all ages, who are looking for work. We work with partners across the city and our Employer Hub actively works with employers to generate opportunities for local people.
Our friendly and welcoming Job Shop is situated in Coventry City Centre. We are here to support you in your search for employment, training, apprenticeships and work placements. Here you can explore a wide range of local vacancies that are updated daily and access training opportunities. You can get friendly, helpful advice from our skilled team, from having your CV reviewed to getting support with transport costs and all things work-related.
For customers with pre-booked appointments:
- Monday: 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday: 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday: 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Thursday: 10:30am - 4:30pm
- Friday: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Stringent measures are in place to ensure social distancing is adhered to and The Job Shop offers a safe and welcoming environment for those requiring support to find their next positive destination, whether that be employment, education or training.
Supporting you through COVID-19
We recognise that the Covid pandemic has been hard for many. We are here to help people get back into work and can support you at any stage of your journey.
The Job Shop is now re-open for face-to-face appointments. These are offered in a Covid Safe environment. For those who would rather be supported virtually, this can also be offered.
The Job Shop can help if you are:
- Worried about losing your job or have been made redundant
- Feeling anxious or worried about returning to work
- Concerned about developing the right skills to work in new sectors
- Experiencing financial difficulties and worrying about money
- Currently unemployed and want help to find and secure the right job
- Experiencing mental health difficulties and struggling to cope
- Disabled or have a health condition and worried that this will affect you securing employment
The Job Shop
Monday to Friday, 9.30am (Thursdays 10.30am) to 4.30pm.Address: 1 Bull Yard