- Also known as booklice
- 1 - 1.5 mm in length
- Generally greyish in colour
- Squashy soft appearance
Facts about psocids
- They feed on yeast, moulds, mildews and algae
- Live in damp humid conditions
- Can produce a tapping noise most clearly heard on paper
- Sometimes found in large numbers in dried food cereals
- Decrease humidity by drying out affected areas.
- Remove food source.
- Treat with sprays/powders.
We do not treat psocids. You can find other professionals that are able to treat an infestation online or in a local directory. Preparation treatments are available from larger D.I.Y stores for self-treatment. Always read the label first.
Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). If you do need to call us, please try to avoid our busiest times of lunchtime and early afternoon. Many queries relating to Council Tax, benefits or bin and bulky waste collections can be dealt with directly by logging into My Account.