- 1.5 - 4 mm in length
- Thorax and wing cases are white, pale yellow, brown and black in colour
- Oval body similar to a ladybird in shape
- Adult beetles will normally be found on window ledges of infested rooms
Facts about carpet beetles
- Adults can fly
- They feed on pollen and nectar
- Larvae need high animal protein diet and can cause damage by infesting carpets, clothes animal furs and skins
- Larvae hibernate in cold conditions
- Larvae are commonly known as 'woolly bears'
We do not treat booklice/biscuit beetles. You can find other professionals that are able to treat an infestation online or in a local directory.
Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). If you do need to call us, please try to avoid our busiest times of lunchtime and early afternoon. Many queries relating to Council Tax, benefits or bin and bulky waste collections can be dealt with directly by logging into My Account.