- Also known as booklice
- 1 - 1.5 mm in length
- Generally greyish in colour
- Squashy soft appearance
Facts about psocids
- They feed on yeast, moulds, mildews and algae
- Live in damp humid conditions
- Can produce a tapping noise most clearly heard on paper
- Sometimes found in large numbers in dried food cereals
- Decrease humidity by drying out affected areas.
- Remove food source.
- Treat with sprays/powders.
We do not treat psocids. You can find other professionals that are able to treat an infestation online or in a local directory. Preparation treatments are available from larger D.I.Y stores for self-treatment. Always read the label first.