Job Shop services for people looking for work
Due to the latest government guidance the Job Shop has closed its building and switched to a limited digital service effective as of Wednesday 25 March. View more details.
Are you a Coventry resident looking for new work, education or training opportunities?
Register for Job Shop services.
We are here to help you with:
Come and see one of our advisers at the Coventry Job Shop - the hub for you to get one to one support to get the job you deserve.
The Employment & Skills Service is part of Coventry City Council. We provide a wide range of support to all Coventry residents, of all ages, who are looking for work. We work with partners across the city and our Employer Hub actively works with employers to generate opportunities for local people.
Our friendly and welcoming Job Shop is situated in Coventry City Centre. We are here to support you in your search for employment, training, apprenticeships and work placements. Here you can explore a wide range of local vacancies that are updated daily and access training opportunities. You can get friendly, helpful advice from our skilled team, from having your CV reviewed, to getting support with transport costs and all things work-related.
- Monday: 9.15am - 4.30pm
- Tuesday: 9.15am - 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 9:15am - 4.30pm
- Thursday: 10:30am - 4.30pm
- Friday: 9.15am - 4.30pm
Some of the support on offer includes:
- 1-to-1 support with a dedicated Employment Advisor
- Develop the perfect CV
- Book onto one of our Workshops, including Health and Safety, First Aid and Interview Skills
- Apply for jobs online
- Job search and Universal Jobmatch
- Access our Hot Jobs of the week
- Contact Recruitment Agencies and access their websites
- Have one to one support from any of our skilled Employment, Careers and Welfare Benefit Advisors
- Work experience opportunities
- Sector Work Based Academies - Pre-Employment Training, Work Experience and Guaranteed Interviews at the end
- Apply for Apprenticeships
- Attend recruitment open days and meet employers directly
- Get specialised support and guidance to further your chances of success
- Take Leaflets/information and CV templates
- Additional employment support available for young people aged 16-24
- Find out about our Support for Employers